Create an announcement in Salesforce Marketing Cloud Content Builder Classic Templates
- In the content area, click
- Under "Define Email Properties", from the "Create Email" drop-down menu, select
- A list of templates will display. Click
- In the folder tree, go to
- Under "Define Email Properties", give the email message a descriptive name and select the local folder where you want to save it. Click
- The IU Announcement template will open for editing. Give the email message a subject line and click Note:After entering the subject, click the save button that appears when you click into the subject field; otherwise, it will not save.
- The Indiana University general branding bar is applied by default. To change it to a campus-specific branding bar, see Change the branding bar for IU shared templates in Salesforce Marketing Cloud Content Builder.
- To edit content, hover over the area and click to edit. The preview is on the right side; the editing area is on the left. The editing area differs based on the content blocks defined in the template.
- Some content regions have preformatted placeholder text. To maintain text formatting, highlight text between the first and last characters and type your title. Delete the first and last characters of the old title. When you're finished, click Note:Highlighting the entire placeholder text and typing new text will remove the formatting.
In the example below, the title is changed from "An Important Announcement" to "Free Food!".
- Edit other content regions as needed:
- To remove content regions, you can clear the content block so it collapses and does not display in the send announcement. Click the arrow in the upper right corner of the content region and select
- If you want to add content to the template, drag and drop content blocks into an area.
- The default social media bar displays icons for Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. If you want different social media options, see:
- Send the message.