In Salesforce Marketing Cloud, how do I import Subscribers into a list?
- Create a spreadsheet with your list of subscribers, saving as either
.csv. Include these columns:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Subscriber Key
- Email Address
- Make sure your list is prepared for import.
- Log into the Marketing Cloud.
Navigate to, and select .
- Navigate to , and open your folder.
- Find the list to which you wish to add subscribers, and click to open it.
- Click . In the "Import Wizard" window that opens, click .
- Before you can send email in the Marketing Cloud, you need permission from the subscribers to do so. If you have permission, check
- Upload the spreadsheet you created; do not use FTP.
- Select your Data Format:
- Tab Delimited
- Other Delimited: select a one-character delimiter
- Select your Update Option:
- Add new subscribers and update subscribers that already exist.
- Add new subscribers but do not update subscribers that already exist.
- Update existing subscribers but do not add subscribers that do not exist.
- Map the user attributes to the columns in the uploaded file. Minimally, you need the email address and the Subscriber Key.
- Review and confirm your mapping selections. To receive an import confirmation message, check , and enter your email address. Click .
For each import, the system logs the following information:
- The results of your import:
- Name of your import file
- ID of the list into which the subscribers were imported
- Number of subscribers imported
- Number of existing subscribers updated with new data
- Number of records that were not imported
- All data fields for each subscriber record that could not be imported, and the reason why the import was unsuccessful