In Salesforce Marketing Cloud, how do I create an email message from the IU Announcement shared template?
- On the dashboard, find
- This will take you to the "Email Overview" page. Navigate to .
- The "My Emails" page will open. Select
- Click the
- Enter the "Email Name" and "Email Subject".
- Select the location in the hierarchy to save the message. Click .
- The IU Announcement template will open for editing.
- The default branding bar is the Indiana University general branding bar. To change the branding bar to a campus specific branding bar, see In Salesforce Marketing Cloud, how do I change the branding bar for IU shared templates?
- To edit, click the title region to bring up the content options. Select
- This opens the text editor with preformatted placeholder text. In order to maintain text formatting, highlight text between the first and last characters and type your title. In the example below, the title changed to "Free Food!". Delete the first and last characters of the old title.
Note:Highlighting the entire placeholder text and typing new text will remove the formatting.
- Click .
- Edit other regions as needed.
- To add images, see In Salesforce Marketing Cloud, how do I insert an image into IU Shared Templates?
- To add a link, refer to In Salesforce Marketing Cloud, how do I add an email link for IU Shared Templates? or In Salesforce Marketing Cloud, how do I add a web link for IU shared templates?
- To remove extra regions, you can clear the content so it collapses and does not display in the sent announcement. Click the region and select the
- In the social media bar, the default social media icons are for Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. If you want to have a different social media bar, see In Salesforce Marketing Cloud, how do I change social media bars? To replace social media icons, see In Salesforce Marketing Cloud, how do I change social media icons?
- When editing is complete, test your email send thoroughly. After testing has passed, send your announcement.