Create an email message from the IU Announcement shared template In Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- On the dashboard, find
- This will take you to the "Email Overview" page. Navigate to .
- The "My Emails" page will open. Select
- Click the
- Enter the "Email Name" and "Email Subject".
- Select the location in the hierarchy to save the message. Click .
- The IU Announcement template will open for editing.
- The default branding bar is the Indiana University general branding bar. To change the branding bar to a campus specific branding bar, see Change the branding bar for IU shared templates in Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- To edit, click the title region to bring up the content options. Select
- This opens the text editor with preformatted placeholder text. In order to maintain text formatting, highlight text between the first and last characters and type your title. In the example below, the title changed to "Free Food!". Delete the first and last characters of the old title.
Note:Highlighting the entire placeholder text and typing new text will remove the formatting.
- Click .
- Edit other regions as needed.
- To add images, see Insert an image into IU Shared Templates in Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- To add a link, refer to Add an email link for IU Shared Templates in Salesforce Marketing Cloud or Add a web link for IU shared templates in Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- To remove extra regions, you can clear the content so it collapses and does not display in the sent announcement. Click the region and select the
- In the social media bar, the default social media icons are for Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. If you want to have a different social media bar, see Change social media bars in Salesforce Marketing Cloud. To replace social media icons, see Change social media icons in Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- When editing is complete, test your email send thoroughly. After testing has passed, send your announcement.